Monday, October 5, 2015

This Is Why I Am Anonymous

I wanted to try to push information to teachers in Vermilion Parish about their union and the contract that was negotiated on their behalf. I did so anonymously because I feared that there might be repercussions if local union officials and other teachers knew I wasn't 100% behind the union.

Today, I saw one of those repercussions. Someone reported my Facebook account and I have now been locked out of it because it did not use my "real name". I am going to work with Facebook to see it restored--but in the meantime, please like my new page.

This fight isn't over. I'm committed to seeing teachers in Vermilion Parish get the support they deserve, instead of seeing a contract that only benefits the union officials and their bosses. They think they can shut us up, but they can't. We're going to keep speaking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment