Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Vermilion Teachers Are Unwittingly Supporting and Funding Abortion


The teacher's union that has a monopoly agreement with the Vermilion Parish School Board is the Vermilion Association of Educators (VAE), as I've discussed previously. They're a local chapter of the Louisiana Association of Educators (LAE), which is a state chapter of the National Education Association (NEA). The VAE and LAE, local and state chapters respectively, like to pretend that they only focus on education issues. However, their parent organization doesn't even pretend. I'd like to bring some attention to the NEA's platform, where they state:

i.      “The National Education Association supports family planning, including the right to reproductive freedom [abortion]. The association urges the government to give high priority to making available all methods of family planning to women and men unable to take advantage of private facilities. The association also urges the implementation of community-operated, school based family planning clinics that will provide intensive counseling by trained personnel.


It's not the only evidence of their pro-abortion policies, but it is the most clear, written right there in black and white. That is not in line with what teachers, parents, or students in Vermilion Parish believe. I don't know very many teachers in Abbeville, Kaplan, Gueydan, Erath, or anywhere between who would say they support abortion with no exceptions.

The NEA, and many of its state affiliates, also donates to many pro-abortion organizations. That includes giving money directly to pro-abortion political action committees, supporting pro-abortion candidates all over the country, and even inviting Dr. George Tiller, an infamous late-term abortionist, to speak at their headquarters. That means that every time a VAE member pays their dues in Vermilion Parish, part of that money is going to organizations who support abortion. Some might like that, others might not--but I thought everyone should know.



3 comments:

  1. If true, the union will not get a dime from me anymore. I will be calling my rep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's shady. I'm not a teacher, but my wife is. I'll bring this to her attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the most liberal of the teachers in my hall. Even I am incensed at the idea that my dues would go toward supporting pro-abortion organizations. I wish I knew your motivations, but this is good work you're doing.

    ReplyDelete